It’s over. It’s done. Play week is over. What the hell am I going to do tomorrow after school!? There’s no more rehearsal to go to. The past week has been one of the best of this year. So many memories to remember, so many friendships made and renewed. The times we shared and the people who were in them will be carved in my heart. Being involved with play has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. I’m proud that I did. It has paid off. All the laughs.. oh shiit. I’m going to remember those forever!
1. Ella asking me in the MRC if I was interested in becoming an assistant stage manager (HELL YES)
2. Playing fruits before rehearsal
3. Ren and I making many food runs (pizza, starbucks, filipino food)
4. Sweeping all the disgusting squished fries on the floor.
5. Running down the street just to get 6 georgia straights
6. Building the sets, getting paint on both my black jeans -.- which never came off.
7. “Whoaing” on the street
8. Playing stop/freeze on the sidewalk
9. Playing hide and seek in oakridge
10. Eating from the oakridge food court for the whole week (oh god…)
11. “Why the Patrick, pencil?”
12. “Standby soun-” “Stage right off headset!..” (thinking: SHIIIT.) “don’t talk during standby…” sorry belle :(
13. Dancing to that really cool song from the track.
14. Talking like Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze during light cues.(“Do you know what killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!” “CHILL OUT!” “HEY! FREEZE”)
15. Singing like shakira and cher during light cues.
16. Playing fruits in the lobby.
18. Memorizing all the actors lines.
19. Pushing the chairs off the tables in the cafe, then later picking them up
20. “GUYS! CHAIRS!”
21. Laughing at Mr. Hughes’ really lame puns and jokes
22. Escorting Ren to the costume store on main and broadway because he didn’t know where it was.
23. Moving into the theatre
24. Waking up early in the morning happy, knowing I’ll be spending the day at the theatre with the cast and crew until the late evening
25. Getting our cool copies of the scripts (the booklets)
26. Helping Rachel with her “gunshots” by opening the door. (turns out I was her accomplice)
27. David going through the other door to put the bullet hole stickers on.
28. Having to endure countless times of half naked boys on my side, even when the boxer run didn’t even start
29. Headset hair
30. Roses from the boys
31. David telling me of his plan to suprise Ella with the record.
32. Buying the frame for the record.
33. Trying to be stealth when getting everyone to sign the record. (fail sauce. Ella you nearly caught us!)
34. Giving Chelsea her pearls after every show.
35. Belle getting angry at Ren for interrupting her so many times. (HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAH)
36. The Moping Technique
37. Meeting Gal (pronounced: GAWL) the white guy with the dreads, later named VK as in Viking King.
38. Setting up the props table for the first time
39. Learning how to use the headset, and NOT touch the Call button
40. Getting Ashley to not smile during her lines
41. “Pate for a Pataayy!”
42. “He’s the only one who understands!”
43. Going into the Vancouver Playhouse for the first time.
44. Realizing how much play means to me.
45. Realizing that I’ll miss this experience.
46. Realizing that the seniors won’t be with us next year.
47. Realizing that Play isn’t just a school related thing, it’s a family.
48. Realizing that so much can come from being involved with play. (physically: damn, lifting all those props can build up some muscle. Mentally: knowing that you have a group of talented friends with you whenever you need them. Emotionally: knowing that you share the same passion for something we all love.
49. Having the greatest time of my life
50. Refusing to go home early and telling my dad off just to go to our dinner at Earls, and knowing it was worth it.
51. Looking like a gang walking around in oakridge, especially in our black clothes
52. Spending a long time with Belle for the first time :)
53. Realizing that it’s okay to sometimes wear a dress for once.
54. Realizing how much the cast and crew mean to me.
55. Spending tons of money to just buy food and bus to the theatre
56. Looking kickass on the skytrain, on the bus, and walking on the street in our formal clothes, carrying our roses.
57. Fail that the crew doesn’t have a cheer of our own.
58. Realizing that I can take a good picture :)
59. Knowing that I am able to give something my all to it’s highest limit
60. Struggling to make a new tradition for my turn next year
61. Calling Ren a douche bag. HAHA
62. Reciting lines from the play at home absentmindedly
63. Always reminding my brother that he’ll be watching the Matinee show this year.
64. My brother always reminding me to give him a shout out during curtain call
65. Introducing Daniel Tagulao to his new passion: photography
66. Realizing how long you can prepare for something, then when it happens it passes you like a blur.
67. Consuming energy drinks to keep awake but end up passing out once I touch a bed.
68. Making new friendships.
69. Waiting for so long just to all eat at White Spot.
70. “Look! It’s my cow bunny!…It’s a CUNNY!”
71. Not being able to finish a maze on the white spot kids sheet
72. Katie getting angry at everyone because someone stole her green crayon.
73. Ordering milk for Ren.
74. Watching Anna R. and Ren battle each other for the worst zoomed in picture
75. (in a deep voice) “Lotty. You’re in danger Lotty. Danger!”
76. Finding out that if you spray a rose with hairspray, It’ll last longer!
77. Crew fighting to get a piece of the chocolate cake
78. Waving at the actors whenever they’re in front of the window on set during shows.
79. Teaching the rest of the crew how to do the mashed potato, the charleston, and the twist
80. Getting annoyed at the Chevron guard, telling us to wait outside >:(
81. Trevor drooling when we played fruits in the lobby.
82. Alanna’s moustache
83. “You’ll never get me alive!” while smiling :)
84. “GO GHOSTBUSTERS!”
85. Melissa Lachica and I realizing that it’ll be our turn to cry next year.
87. Buying the puff puff cigarettes
88. Nick getting scratched on his ass from one of the thorns on the roses, and Shannon having to put the band-aid on for him…
89. Angelo wearing a moustache
90. Actors and actresses taking a LIMO to a rehearsal…
91. …crew taking the BUS to a rehearsal :)
92. Being sad when I heard they came in a limo because I’ve never been in one :(
93. “I see you’re an Inspector… well you can look me up anytime you want.”
94. “Hey Mitzi, let’s go to the kitchen and cook up something good.”
95. “DELICIOUS DEATH!”
96. “Adorn me with your presence”
97. Finally suprising Ella with the framed record
98. The audience freaking out and cheering at the gun shots
99. Tough crowd during the last show.
100. Realizing that it’s all going to happen again next year.